If you want the perfect afternoon refreshment, make a Strawberry-Mint Agua Fresca. “Agua fresca” translates as “fresh water” and is a blend of natural fruit juice and water. It’s quick, easy and will make you feel a lot better in the heat. This juice is also the perfect mixer for a summer cocktail.
Strawberry-Mint Agua Fresca
- 1 Basket Strawberries
- 1 Handful Mint Leaves
- 2-4 TBSP Brown Sugar optional
- Pinch of Salt
- 6-8 Cups Water
- Wash and stem strawberries. Wash a small bunch of mint and pick leaves off until you have a handful of mint leaves.
- Add strawberries and 2 Cups water to blender. Blend for about 2 minutes until smooth.
- Add mint leaves, salt and brown sugar. Blend for about another 30 seconds. NOTE: Brown sugar is optional. Only if your berries are a bit tart or if you like things on the sweeter side. You of course can also substitute sweeteners like regular sugar, honey or agave nectar.
- Pour mixture into a large pitcher. Stir in 4-6 cups of water.
- Serve cold over ice with mint garnish. It's also good with a squeeze of lime. It's even better with some tequila or mezcal!